Defensive Driving Course Level 1
The aim of Defensive Driving Course Level 1 is to provide you with an entry level understanding of safe, defensive driving in a fun, safe learning environment.
We achieve this through a carefully balanced mixture of controlled demonstrations, practical in-car exercises, and theory.
This balance allows you to understand yourself and your vehicle better. As well as safe driving strategies required to navigate safely through day to day on life on the road.
No matter what experience you have, the training caters for Learners up to experienced full license holders.
Defensive Driving Course Level 1 objectives
- Key principles of Defensive Driving – How to minimise risks and increase the safety margin.
- Hazard Detection – Understand the differences between Potential and Actual hazards and how to manage
- Understanding the difference between Proactive and Reactive driver skills
- Better use of vision and safe following distances – These are two key fundamentals in collision avoidance
- Vehicle Safety – Vehicle pre-start checks, tyre safety, and driving position
- Practical Activities – Understanding driver reaction times, stopping distances, speed factors, vision, steering and braking techniques
- Vehicle dynamics – Basic understanding of vehicle stability and types of skid identification
- Key road laws
Defensive Driving Vehicles
RoadSafe Training can provide a variety of vehicles, however as a driver, you may feel more comfortable learning in a vehicle that you are already familiar with.
Should you choose to utilise your own vehicle, it MUST be registered and road worthy.
Our instructors will conduct a basic vehicle assessment on the day before commencing training to ensure this meets the minimal safety requirements
Drivers may share the same vehicle. However, standard fees apply to each driver.
Participants will need to sign an indemnity before participating in the practical activities.